If you are a business that wants to be more conscientious and have a positive impact on the community then this session is for you.
- What does engaging with your local community mean to your business?
- Are you aware of your local voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector?
- Did you know there are over 6,000 VCSE groups across Leicester and Leicestershire?
- Do you know what groups are on your doorstep and what they do to support local communities?
- Have you thought about connecting to the community but aren’t sure how to do it, or if your current efforts are working?
Hear from some of the city’s key business leaders about how VAL has helped their businesses become more conscientious and connected to the local community, including Glynis Wright of Glynis Wright Solicitors; Mark Platt of Incite Consulting Services; Chris Kain of Kazzoo; and Adam Jolley of 2XL Commercial Finance.
Voluntary Action LeicesterShire (VAL) is the local infrastructure organisation for everything relating to local communities and the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector across Leicester and Leicestershire. Established in 1965, VAL support local groups with governance, volunteers, trustees, training and funding to name a few topics. We are the experts to go to help you understand and connect your business into the local VCSE sector.
Attendees will learn from this session:
- A deeper understanding of what kinds of organisations exist in the local voluntary sector and services the sector delivers
- How your organisation can identify voluntary groups to support
- The many ways in which your business can support VCSE organisations
- How VAL can help connect your business to the community
- Introductions and welcome
- Who is VAL?
- The local VCSE
- How businesses can make a difference with VAL’s help
- Q & A
- Kevin Allen-Khimani – Executive Manager VAL
- Jon Woodcock – Training and Development VAL
- VAL Trustees